Tips for Creating a Successful Video
Now that you are ready to film your happy birthday wishes to VHMA, here are some tips for creating a superb video. Ready, camera, action!
- Know what you’re going to say before you say it. Rehearse it so it does not seem like you are reading from a script.
- Stay away from bold colored clothes/loud prints. This can be distracting and take away from what you are trying to say.
- Relax your body language. Too much movement might make you appear nervous.
- Test the lighting through the camera before you film it. Lighting is everything!
- Say no to special effects. These can be distracting to the viewer.
- Know your camcorder. This will make the process that much easier!
- Be conscious of background sound. This could overpower your voice.
- Use a tripod. This will keep your shot steady.
- Shoot close. This will cut out background distractions.
- Edit! Make sure you replay your video before sending it in-electronic proofreading.
We hope these tips are helpful with your filming process, but most importantly, don’t forget to have fun! Thank you for your contribution!