The core purpose of VHMA is to advance and support veterinary practice management thru practice management professionals.
Achieving this purpose will help veterinary practice managers to succeed professionally, and help practices succeed and accomplish their missions through excellent management.
VHMA’s basic strategy for accomplishing this purpose is through the following core functions:
- Develop professional competence by offering relevant educational resources;
- Promote and define veterinary practice management as a profession. Promote
certification as a standard;
- Provide individuals with a network for professional connection and support.
- Ethical management of VHMA and veterinary practices is essential.
- Practice managers can collectively develop the most valuable resources for other
- A continuous commitment to professional development is vital to success and good
management. Professional development enhances members’ personal growth and
- Relationships and communications with professional colleagues are important to
success and learning.
- VHMA places high value on innovation and technology. Providing cutting edge
resources will help members manage and lead more effectively.
- The leadership of VHMA listens to and strives to meet the needs of its members.
- The CVPM program elevates the profession of practice management.
- Better management allows for better veterinary medical care.
- By elevating the professional management of veterinary hospitals, VHMA builds
understanding and recognition of the role and value of practice managers.
- Every practice should have professional management.
- Strong leadership is critical to ensuring the longevity and success of VHMA.
- Maintain healthy financial position and re-invest in membership to increase its value.