WEBINAR: Recruitment CPR: Hiring with a Culture and People Refocus
Thursday, April 15, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
We’ve all done it. The dream candidate. The perfect interview. An easy hire. Then, the problems begin: the complaints roll in, and we spend countless hours trying to untangle the mess before deciding this person is “not a good fit.” If only we could have known before we hired them…
This webinar will breathe life back into your hiring process, bringing your hospital culture and people into focus. Too often, we concentrate on WHAT someone can do, rather than considering HOW their thinking enhances the team and WHY they will be a good fit (or not).
The session will help participants:
- Identify techniques to find a great fit for the team
- Learn to listen to what candidates are saying (and not saying!)
- Minimize liability by using interview best practices and avoiding common pitfalls
- Understand why working interviews are a bad idea and learn how to efficiently assess knowledge and skills without one (yes, technical skills too!)
- Spot red flags during the first few weeks after hiring and implement strategies to address them
Speaker: Carolyn Becker, CVPM, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CVT
Carolyn Becker is founder and president of Starpath Consulting, which brings HR support specifically to veterinary practices. Carolyn’s professional journey spans more than 20 years in the veterinary profession as a Certified Veterinary Technician, Practice Manager, HR Director, HR Partner and HR Consultant. She is passionate about empowering people to navigate HR situations with confidence. Her strong desire to make a difference in the veterinary community springs from her love of the people in this great profession. She brings a deep understanding of veterinary hospital dynamics and expertise in Human Resources to her consulting work. Carolyn finds peaceful moments while walking the trails with her dogs, taking in the Colorado sunshine and beautiful mountain views.
Cost: VHMA Members - Free/Nonmembers $30#Webinar