Leadership Through Partnership: Owners and Managers Working Together
Thursday, January 9, 202 | 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The VHMA and AVMA are pleased to be teaming up to offer a special one‐day workshop that is designed to help owners and managers assess and improve their capacity to work collaboratively with the goal of improving operations and advancing the strategic plan. The workshop will be a special event offered at the AVMA's Veterinary Leadership Conference to be held January 9-12, 2020 in Chicago, IL.
Why do some businesses, hospitals or practices perform better than others? Organizational performance can be directly attributed to how well those in leadership positions perform together as a team. When owners and managers have mastered the art of partnership, they can improve the speed and efficiency of their efforts and serve as compelling role models for their employees. Moreover, the impact of better synchronization between managers and owners affects business outcomes, which favorably impacts patient care, employee retention, and client satisfaction.
- Assess current working relationship and identify opportunities to improve
- Understand roles and responsibilities to promote trust and autonomy
- Determine decision making process and areas of authority that work for your practice
- Understand strategic and operational planning and how improving your working relationship can help you achieve your goals
- Bethany Bankovich Mihalik, CVPM, MHRM, CVT, CCFP
- Andrew C. Sloyer, DVM
- $690 per leadership pair (practice owner/manager)
- $175 for additional team members from the same practice
The rate includes continental breakfast and lunch. AND a VHMA membership for 2020.
$100 discount is provided to registrants who also wish to attend the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference January 9-12, 2020.
- Seating is limited to 15 teams.
- Six (6) continuing education hours are available for this event.