Individuals actively involved in Veterinary Practice Management who meet the four qualifications may apply to the Certification Board for the CVPM designation.
Qualifications to sit for the exam include:
- Active employment as a practice manager for a minimum of three (3) years within the last seven (7)*
- Eighteen (18) college semester hours in management related courses**
- Forty-eight (48) hours of continuing education courses, seminars, etc., specifically devoted to management
- Four (4) letters of recommendation
The CVPM application will explain in further detail the required qualifications.
The VHMA and Certification Board subscribe to all federal and state regulations that prohibit discrimination. All applications are considered regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or class. Reasonable accommodations will be made for program candidates with disabilities.
* To fulfill the active employment qualification, candidates must have been responsible for twenty-six (26) of the thirty (30) duties enumerated in the application for a minimum of three years, they include: staff (development, maintenance, computer training, communication, interaction, records, safety, benefits, payroll); accounts receivable; income reconciliation; credit policies; accounts payable; inventory; financial reporting; budgeting; purchasing; fee setting; patient medical records; medical knowledge; hospital medical logs; client service; client communication; client interaction; client grief protocol; client education; client education programs; client/patient/staff comfort; professional liaison; and community involvement.
** To fulfill the formal education qualification, candidates must have completed at least eighteen (18) college semester hours in management related courses such as:
- computer science;
- marketing; management;
- labor relations/human resources;